The course syllabus offers English Language tuition at all levels from Elementary to Advanced (No Beginners) and is designed to improve both the oral and written skills of our students, enabling them to understand English easily and to give them the ability to speak confidently and fluently. The high academic standards we adopt are reflected both in the quality of our Educational Programme, the wealth of qualifications and experience of all our teachers and the provision of an extensive range of up-to-date materials and resources.
All students take a Placement test on the first day of the course to assess their knowledge of English. Classes are formed on the results of these tests, alone, although they are kept as multinational as possible. Age is not used as criteria for class formation. The class maximum of 13 enables students to enjoy full participation in the lesson and a high level of individual attention from the teacher. All classes/students are taught by three different teachers; a main teacher for periods 1 & 2, a second teacher for period 3 and a third teacher for period 4; each lesson focuses on a different area of language input and practice.
Some of further highlights of our programme include:
- Small mixed nationality classes (maximum 13 students per class)
- 22 periods of tuition (18 Hours) - five mornings and one afternoon per week.
- Student-centred and communicative lessons with a special focus on the development of speaking skills.
- Afternoon lessons for more advanced students are provided on special subjects such as British Youth Culture or the British Legal System, whilst the more elementary students have project and culture-based lessons, which strengthen their knowledge base.
- Provision of homework.
- Self access room facilities for self study.
- End of course Certificate of Attendance.
The progress of every student is under continuous assessment and students who make good progress are encouraged to move to a higher-level group so that lessons continue to be challenging.